Use AJAX to do Magento scrolling!
Magento Ajax Scroll
Instructions for installing this extension in 10 easy do-it-yourself steps.
1. Download the zip (DUH!)
2. Extract it’s contents to the root of your Magento installation. You can use FTP to do that. It’s the directory containing index.php [App] [Skin] [Media] among others
3. Log in to your Magento backend
4. Go to System -> Cache Management, select all options, and in the action dropdown select “Refresh”. Then click Submit.
5. Log out/in to your backend
6. Go to System -> Configuration -> Catalog ->Frontend -> Use jQuery Infinite Ajax Scroll
7. This extension adds a new option here; “Use jQuery Infinite Ajax Scroll”
8. Set “Use jQuery Infinite Ajax Scroll” to “Yes”
9. Click save config.
10. All done!
Ajax scrolling is added to the catalog pages (anchor and non-anchor), search result pages (both advanced and simple) and the tag list page. If you have other extensions adding controllers that contain a product list you can add these using the layout update XML described above.